View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: is this stealing more thoughts

if the car dealership has a sign that says 60 dollars an hour rate. and they do a job in two hours but the flat rate manual says it should take 4. if they bill me for 4 they are cheating me. if the sign says we bill at what they flat rate manual says then put that up on the sign and then the bill is that. you dont get to see what is the highest bill after the job and bill the customer that way.

if a person is paid by the hour he should work a full hour and get paid for each hour he worked. there are small breaks in any job. what i was getting at is if the boss doesnt know you spend time surfing or at the watercooler you may be stealing depending on many factors and how much time it is of course. but he is knows then he can let it go or stop it as he sees fit. but if you do not tell him and he isnt aware you must be guilty of some moral kind of offense as you are using time you are paid for to do something for personal benefit.

if a person were making deliveries to my house and told me it was an hour round trip and would charge me as such. then found a shortcut and didnt tell me and still charged the same rate, i think i would be cheated. because the price was based upon that situation. but if i agreed to a flat charge without him putting a time on it and then he found a way to do it more cheaply. good for him and my mistake for not seeing it and bargaining properly.

if you take a rock from a public beach it is stealing. the convention is no one cares that much but you took public property for yourself. in national parks it is stealing and banned. many things are just a matter of degree.

i do think the 40 hour work week is a lousy deal for someone. flex hours and getting the job done makes for better lives for everyone.