View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Tipping the floor in cardroom

[ QUOTE ]
At Bellagio there are players that would ask for a chop on a $1 chip if there were quarters in the rack, but will always throw a nickle or more to the brush and the chip runner. It's strange.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aint that the truth.

When Harrahs took over the Horseshoe in Tunica they implemented the rule of Floor not being allowed tokes. This is BS in the poker business. They didnt give them a raise to make up for it either. Then during the WPO they fired the 2 best shift supervisors in the county for taking tips!!

Now mind you these guys during the tournament were req'd to work 7 days a week, got no overtime, and no "tournament envelope".

Kenny Lambert Asked me to take over the shift. I refused stating exactly "Kenny why would I want to take a $500 per week cut in pay, AND have no job protection?"

It wasnt long after that I left.

Poker is not the pit. Floorpeople rarely if ever make biased decisions...least not the good ones. The pay sucks so let em accept tokes as has been done forever.

The pit mentality is to not allow tokes to floorpeople because they are making decisions with HOUSE MONEY. Obvious enuf reason.

Interesting side note: I just heard that Harrahs may be closing down the Rio poker room altogether and HAS begun closing at 3am. They also supposedly fired Greanbaum, a freaking food & beverage background guy whom was Southwest regional director of poker operations or sopme such. Not to worry folks...Harrahs will screw up poker just fine!!

Just rumors I cant confirm as yet.