View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Has anyone here changed their opinion on God?

I wouldn't say I've changed my opinion but I've definitely made some finer refinements on it and come up with more reasons to back my position. I doubt that many actual posters have had their minds changed much because most posters feel strongly one way or the other to begin with. They post because they feel strongly.

My guess is that there could be a silent minority of lurkers here who never thought very deeply about these things but now have been exposed to some new ideas and possibly shifted their thinking a little or a lot. The first reason they ever came to this site is probably because they are fans of Sklansky. They are fans of his poker thinking and therefore probably give his thoughts on religion a fair shake. Since most people are religious to begin with, I would guess that of the shifts that have occured because of these forums, the vast majority of those shifts have been away from unexamined religous beliefs toward more critically thoughtful questioning of popular beliefs, which I think is a great shift.

This may all be wishful thinking on my part though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]