View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: So is this strange? Should I have a reaction?

[ QUOTE ]
A forum separate from 2+2 is not my business. The email I received was from a person who felt that moderators on 2+2 shouldn't be sending out pms soliciting our forum members to join a different forum.

This is what I'm questioning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. Regarding your question, here are my thoughts:

As far as I know, all Moderators are Posters too, and they don't lose their privileges as a Poster or Member upon becoming Moderators. I am also not aware of Moderator being a paid position. Therefore I don't see much wrong with a Poster who is also a Moderator inviting others to check out another forum, though doing so may perhaps carry a slight aura of impropriety.

Moderators have an unspoken responsibility to act civilly and responsibly and so forth, and I don't think such an invite violates those precepts. Nor would I guess it at all likely to substantially damage 2+2.

So all in all, my take is that it "feels" a little odd and questionable, but I don't think it's really wrong or harmful. Anyway, invite or no, posters who are looking for less cluttered forums in which to spend some of their time are probably going to find them sooner or later regardless.