View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Folding Trip Aces on the Flop

[ QUOTE ]
Chim,

I gotta ask -- you seem to have a decent omaha-head on your shoulders...

Was this really a tough decision for you? Even with your table read, do you really think that neither of them have an A-better kicker? Especially after like the 4th raise?

Is there more to this post/question?

Did they show down some crazy garbage and you wish you called? Don't be results oriented.

jw

[/ QUOTE ]

The fold after the big raises was very easy. I definitely should have folded to the first reraise, but I was 100% sure that the button had 8-8-x-x, which was why I called.

I won't get into whether I would have won or lost the hand had I called. MP3 had A-K-x-x and the button had 8-8-x-x as I thought. Between the 3 of us, none of our side cards matched. This meant that I had ~31% equity in the pot on the flop and was a favorite over the made hand, which given my sidecards, is about the best possible scenario. So, had the cards been face-up, it would have been a neutral EV gamble for me to call.

Obviously, I don't have x-ray vision and I easily could have been dominated, so folding to the initial raise was, by far, the best play.

I guess I was just wondering how much "risk" people take with a mediocre hand and a maniac driving the betting. The answer probably is: There are better spots.