View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Re: Collusion or just being friendly?

[ QUOTE ]
When a pot is heads-up against two Regulars, they will call out “check it down” and not bet. They will frequently even turn their hands face up on the table and tell the dealer to just run out the cards. This does not happen between a Regular and a non-Regular. This is an open effort to save the Regulars from taking money from each other, and instead go after the money on the table from the non-Regulars.

[/ QUOTE ]
You could make the same argument about two players chopping the blinds. So long as there are no other players in the hand, there are no other players to whom it is detrimental. While soft playing your friends is against the spirit of poker, some people do it. I fail to see how it would make them more successful in "going after" your or other players' money
[ QUOTE ]

Sometimes its called out pre-flop: “If you raise, I will fold this hand.”

[/ QUOTE ]
This is collusion, and should be reported to the floor... everything else in that paragraph is just coffee housing, and not worth worrying about provided it does not happen during the hand.
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah... you have a couple of knuckle-heads who soft play each other, reveal their strategy to the table, and are probably playing for fun and not money. Who cares?

If they're actively trying to work together to take money off a decent player, they would probably do little but slow their losses (after all, if they had the conceptual grasp of the game necessary to collude effectively, they wouldnt need to collude to make money)... as it stands, they're probably doing what they do for social reasons, and are costing themselves even more money than they would otherwise.
I would say eat their bankrolls, and thank god for making all the sparrows and all the little fishes.

jc