View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 07:21 AM

Default Re: AdQd2d5d on button

i am new to omaha8, and am only playing limit so far, but this seems like a close one. i think it all comes down to your reads, and the exact pot size when it comes to you. you basically know you have 25% equity from the low end. hmm....maybe 3 a2's are possible, as i have seen a lot of that my first few days. then again, maybe this is your lucky day, and you aren't getting quartered at all. i'll say you have 25% equity to make it simple. then, you also have a chance to hit your 7 outs for the other half of the pot. so, roughly 15% of the time, you get another 50%. i'll round that down to another 7% equity because of possibilty of your opponent filling up with your diamond. so, you have ~32% equity in the pot.

basically, i think it depends on exactly how much is in the pot. you potted it already on the flop, so it might be a decent size. it also depends on how much you like to gambool. i am not sure how pl omaha players think, but a call might be worth it just to get action later. in nl holdem, its sort of important to give action in break-even situations to get some back when you have the nuts. does this apply to omaha8, or are the players so bad that they will give rocks tons of action?