View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 09:10 PM

Default AdQd2d5d on button

looking at the hand more, i think i was asking for trouble.

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 4 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB checks

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

checked to the button, i pot it.

Not really sure why I potted it. I only had the nut low draw, with a decent chance of being quartered. was it wrong?

BB folds, 3 calls

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

i think this is where i get into trouble. i have the nut low, 7 outs for the nut flush and maybe 3 outs for the straight. i think that it's a poor high draw.

UTG checks, UTG+1 bets the pot, CO raises the pot, i raise the pot all-in, UTG+1 calls all-in, CO calls all-in.

I realize now that with this action - I will be quartered almost 100% of the time.

I also didn't notice that an 8 high straight is possible.

If I am against 1 opponent, I think that I could raise, but against 2 it is a bad idea - correct?

Even against 1 opponent, he could have the high locked up and quarter me for the low (but not often).

am I thinking properly? thanks!

looking at my opponents two specific hands on twodimes, i was in a bad situation.