View Single Post
Old 05-12-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: JTo on the button 6max

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Spidey.

I don't hate the limp necessarily, (because you're on the button; if you were in the cut-off seat it would probably be a different story), but I also wouldn't hate raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think its close. my "don't have great folding equity against him" was my justification for calling since I don't have much showdown value if I take a free street somewhere UI.

[ QUOTE ]
If this guy plays 70% of his hands I'm not checking behind fearing he has an Ace

[/ QUOTE ]

if the river wasn't the 6, its an easy value bet. i thought the river 6 and turn Ace made for a situation where 2x may be less likely to call. 6x may check-raise, etc.. which is why I don't like betting unless I feel <semi> confident in my response to a check-raise. Auto-paying off the wrong opponent kills the value in the bet. Auto-folding could be a huge mistake.

[ QUOTE ]
if he keeps his aggression up post-flop there's a good chance he would have bet the flop with middle pair, or check-raised you on the turn with an Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's semi passive postflop. i didn't have a solid read on his aggro'ness postflop, but it hadn't stood out as something to be wary of.