View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: multiple forks in the road

[ QUOTE ]
PREFLOP: I would fold, I know your in the SB so you have a little discount but 99 does not play well OOP against the usual range of an UTG raiser. Another factor that should make you lean towards a fold is that you also have no information on your opponents, which increases the probability that you will make mistakes postflop. If there were 3 people committed to the pot outside the blinds, I would call here since Im getting the odds to flop a set, with just 2 people committed I would fold.

FLOP: Given your relative position to the raiser, checking and going for a checkraise or betting out are both fine plays IMO. Once you checked and the BB bets and everyone else calls, calling now looks right. Checkraising in this spot and building the pot would not be sound poker IMO since the equity of your holding is going to change dramatically with the turn card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the math dictates a fold pre-flop. I was just wondering if on the flop it wouldn't be a good idea to bet out. This sandwiches the BB between you the the pre-flop raiser. The idea is to try to get it HU where you're the favorite vs AKo etc.