View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Re: To all those women who like to swallow...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Being able to do a very moderate amount of thinking, or thinking ahead, doesn't make you any less passionate and warm. Being confident and smoothly in control can soothe your partner and make her feel good, and be a turn-on of its own. Jumping around like a jackrabbit or simply ignoring precautions doesn't make you "hot" or spontaneous or anything; it coul mean you're passionate, but it also can just means you're dumb or desperate or inexperienced.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mentioned nothing about being passionate, warm, "smoothly in control", hot, or spontanious, nor did I say that my points could not be contradicted on a case by case basis. I simply stated that ON AVERAGE, careful and cautious people are less LIKELY than laidback freespirited people to live in the present moment and enjoy life to the fullest (hense there overall sense of wellbeing). And that these "laidback freespirited" people, ON AVERAGE, would be less LIKELY to take precautions (such as having protected sex) each and every time, if at all, than the more cautious people.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's it. You posed a dichotomy between caution and being laidback and free-spirited. This dichotomy does not exist. It's a childish thought.

The opposite of being free-spirited is not being cautious. Caution has nothing to do with it. You're getting concepts totally mixed up. The opposite of being free-spirited might be being repressed, withdrawn, emotionally unavailable, or extremely controlling, perhaps. All those would work.

But the opposite of being free-spirited is definitely not being responsible or taking elementary precautions. The opposite of being cautious would be something like being careless or irresponsible, not being free-spirited.

If you are positing caution and free-spiritedness as opposites, then aren't you positing carelessness or irresponsibility as things that come with free-spiritedness?

I have to say again that equating free-spiritedness with being irresponsible is a very childish, impulsive idea of sex. Not that sex and desire don't have a big childish element to them, and that feeling that way isn't natural. But people grow up, too, and it doesn't affect their having fun.

Actually, equating taking elementary precautions with a lack of free-spiritedness is making too much of too little. It's also the mistake made by someone likely to put themselves in great danger of having kids before he or she wants them, or catching a few too many diseases, though. If all it takes is putting on a rubber to squash your free-spiritedness, it was definitely hanging on by an incredibly flimsy thread in the first place. If it ever really existed at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you may be free-spirited, and at the same time may very well take what you deem "elementry" precautions. I am not infering that a "free-spirited" person is not able to take "elementry" precautions. I appoligize for using big words like AVERAGE and LIKELY .

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get the basic concepts wrong, the numbers don't matter.