View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Need Help! 1 year wedding Anniv. in vegas where to stay

[ QUOTE ]
Final suggestion -- I've done this elsewhere, but never in Vegas -- www.priceline.com. You name a price, and they try to find you a room.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second the recommendation for Priceline. I have gotten Venetian rooms for $99 a night. Do check out Bidding for Travel first, however, as you will get a sense for what properties are going for currently on Priceline.

Another choice is checking out America West vacations, which is bundled airfare/hotel. I have stayed at the Hotel San Remo before on an America West deal, and it was very cheap. The San Remo (which is being re-badged as a Hooters) was very convenient and is located next to the MGM. I can't remember much about the hotel, but I dont have any negative recollections of it--but then again, I was a bachelor at the time I went, so my tolerance for filth, insects, etc. was pretty high.

Finally, I'd advise you to consider whether being "on strip" is really that important to you. If you're willing to leave the strip, you can get a great deal at the Orleans (good rooms, great poker room), or the Nugget (great rooms, but downtown).