View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Re: MySpace Opener Theory Discussion

OK....first things first. Lets stop trying to romanticize this thing and define what is going on. You're trying to [censored] a hot chick. You're not trying to find a soulmate, or even a long-term relationship...even though that might accidentally happen, your dream scenario would be to pick up one or more hot chicks that will come over when you ask, [censored] you, and leave. Do not lie to yourself about this. Being honest with yourself is a critical premise to developing a successful hookup.

Okay. Let's wrestle with your position here.

[ QUOTE ]
I think that if we never generate enough interest in her to get her to want to ask us questions about ourselves, then I think we've by definition failed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have things a little backwards here. Let's say you've successfully initiated conversation with her with a very witty opening line, and you've got her talking about herself. You've got her laughing and you've got her wondering if she is as great as all those other guys tell her. Assess the situation. All she knows about you is that you can make her laugh, you’re somewhat interested in her, and you listen to Ratt and Whitesnake and you love watching Different Strokes....or whatever is on your profile. THAT'S PERFECT. At this point, she doesn't know you're flawed, and she knows you know she is flawed. In her mind, she is now fighting an uphill battle to attain you.

Remember what I said before…if these girls took the effort to post explicitly attractive pictures of themselves online, they more than likely have low self-esteem. Take a look at the girls you know in real life who have genuinely low self-esteem. These girls are easy to find because they are constantly in bad relationships, they have [censored] jobs cuz they didn't think they could get through college (or they got through college but couldn’t land a great job for whatever shortcomings they have), and they dress, at least to some degree, like sluts. A common thread between these girls is they are looking for their Prince Charming...apparently, to them, finding the guy of their dreams will solve their problems. So they start projecting Prince Charming qualities upon guys until they are proven otherwise. This is why you don't want her to find out much about you....you're not Prince Charming…I’m sure you’re a great guy who is funny, smart, good looking, etc, but no guy on earth is Prince Charming. Plus, if you don't talk about yourself, you get the label of "mysterious." Mysterious is always good.

If you have her laughing and finding you insightful (and you have her emotionally exposed), you're now engaged in a race against your own information flow to get her in the sack. As soon as she figures out that your just want to [censored] her and throw her on the whore heap when you're sick of her sh*t, you're dead….and she will find out after you expose enough of yourself…most chicks are blessed with decent BS detectors.

(Keep in mind this next paragraph is simply my speculation…like I said, I’ve never tried to do the internet hookup thing before)

So how to approach from here? This is where you can really take advantage of the medium you are using to communicate. Use the anonymity of the internet to your advantage. When she replies to you, take a day or two to respond. This continues to project your “mysterious” image. It shows her that you are not in a desperate, “OHMYGODINEEDTOSTUFFMYCOCKINANORIFICEBEFORESUNDOWN ORITWILLFALLOFF” state. It also gives you a little time to think out a witty, smart response to her (this is like George Costanza said…always leave them wanting more). Keep your responses short, and remember to keep her laughing, keep her talking about herself, and keep her on the defensive. Keep this up for a while before actually trying to meet her…I’m guessing (remember, I’m not sure how this online angle works) you can actually get her to ask you to meet in most cases…and if you can get a hot girl online to ask you to meet up but you still can’t get her in the sack, talk to Dominic…you need professional help.

*Disclaimer – Yes, I realize this is a shallow and critical view of women. I’m trying to convey the knowledge I have on how to hook up. There are plenty of relationship-worthy girls out there who don’t fall for any of this crap in this post, but like I said before…you’re just trying to get laid. If you’re trying to find a quality girl, do the opposite of everything I said, including going on myspace.

PS – I really wanted to post this on it’s own, because it’s about as good as I can get when it comes to picking up chicks, but I figure that if it is good enough to post on its own, a mod can do it for me or someone else can repost it.