View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Wrestling fans and former fans only.

1)Eliminate any girl-on-girl, woman-based sideshows. The Diva Search is a giant, soul-sucking hole of suckitude. I don't mind the women wrestling, however, as long as it is on par with the Trish Stratus/Molly Holly/Lita group.

2)Push wrestlers who are legitimately over with the fans, instead of the ones that Vince likes.

3)I love Triple H. He's probably my favorite wrestler. However, remove him from creative control of RAW...it is unacceptable for him to have 20 successful title defenses.

4)Shake up the storylines a bit and give people something to get behind. Build major heels and major faces back into the business. Honestly, wrestling has been pretty good for the last few months due to the Triple H/Bautista feud(which I think should have been less one-sided in favor of Bautista for storyline purposes). Bautista is probably the first legitimate monster face in the business for a while(no...Cena's not there yet).

5)I appreciate the intentions behind the draft lottery...truly, I do...but I think it has caused more problems than it has solved. I would much prefer to see promotion from within.

6)For God's sake, stop the trashy, knee-jerk storylines. The Muhammad Hassan gimmick is lame and in poor taste. The Edge/Lita cheating on Kane angle is pointless and Springer-like.

7)As strange of a statement as this is, wrestling should not always cater to the lowest possible denominator to have long-term success. Wrestling is male soap-opera, nothing more. What I miss is the drama of the moments, where the tension truly was palpable. True, Stone Cold and The Rock are one of a kind, but honestly, I remember when Shawn Michaels calling himself "The Showstopper" was not just a gimmick...he really could electrify an arena. Bring back the large-scale epic nature...it's too much like guys fake-hitting each other now.