View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Thoughts on a session today (boring)

After some serisouly sinking my teeth into this forum, posting hands, polls, questions etc. in the past few days I had a 3 hour 6max session todya on Stars. It was break even, which isn't so great, but I feel like I was getting pretty cold decked and so break even may have been the best I could have hoped for. It woulda been worse if not for the second last hand I played, where I got some decent 3 way action with AA and it held up.

I think my biggest leak is continuation bets, if I get only one caller on any raise I make I will fire on the flop almost 99% of the time, and this can be quite a big loss since I am betting the pot or almost the pot and a reraise will take it off me easy, I don't give players at my limit credit for restealing a pot (should I?)

Here's one hand where I was a little confused, and my thinking was quite odd...

notes: My image is LAG and the BB is a bit of a donkey.

7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the SB, folded to me, raise to 3x
<font color="blue">Villain min-raises</font><font color="red"> Hero calls. </font>
Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

The min raise suggests a big hand from a donkey, so preflop I justify my call by the fact that it is a minbet and he likely has AK. On the flop I think that maybe this is QQ-99 and that the ace will scare him, so maybe I should bet to represent AK (something I do too often when I PF raise and an A comes that I don't have)

Long story short, he reraises, I fold and feel like I just handed him some free cash.

Anyways, for some reason I'm quite happy wiht this session despite breaking even, maybe cause my exams are almost over.

Any advice/comments?