View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 10:53 PM

Default Re: On David\'s Line

Didn't mean to be harsh but it would be a shame if a topic with so much potential was reduced to a battle of who knows the most about women.

There's probably a lot of guys on this forum who would like to learn more about women, I am one of them.
Recently I decided to try to "fix" this part of my life. I've always had quite low self confidence and hoped that some day some woman would see what a nice guy I am and things would work out. This haven't worked very well for the past 21 years...
I just couldn't understand why my last girlfriend broke up with me, I was so nice to her that I won't even tell the lengths i went to please her :P

I was fed up with the thought of having to settle with a woman because she was the best I would ever get my hands on and not being able to choose someone I like. I hated the thought of having to get "lucky" to find a woman that liked me.

I've started working out my self-esteem issues and talking to friends who are more successful with women even though they aren't far ahead in the looks department.
I think a lot of guys have a deep rooted fear of rejection in their brains which makes it kind of hard to approach women that you like to approach because it would feel terrible if she didn't like you.
I'm trying to change my mindset when dealing with women to get rid of that pesky anxiety. Instead of trying to get her to like me I just try to make her smile and have a good time. If she decides to like me that's fine and if she doesn't there are plenty more fish in the sea, right?

This past weekend I was at a club and decided to ignore those previous "settle" girls that I wasn't really interested in and go for the ones that I used to consider being way out of my league. I even used the same opener on all of them with great results. (i know, openers are lame [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

Since I had so good results with it I'll share it with you guys too. I made eye contact, smiled and said "Hey, long time no see. What have you been doing lately?". It's hilarious to look at them trying to figure out where the hell they've seen you before [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Then they said "Do I know you?" and i reply "Yeah, don't you remember me?" which makes them think some more and if they say that they don't I continued with "This relationship isn't working, you can't forget me after each time we meet."
After this I just kept the fun up and had a good time.
One could say that my sample size is to small to rate this tactic but I got great responses from women i would have dreaded to approach before and I even got a kiss and number from one of them.
Needless to say this was a great confidence boost [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I've always seen average guys with beautiful women and wondered how the hell they did manage that. Now I'm starting to feel hope again and it feels great. I still have to work a lot on my self esteem but It's always nice to have a little success on the way. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]