View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: 20/40 Getting aggressive

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I’d rather wait till I have a read before I get involved with so little money in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you're saying man, but thats just my point. I see so many players here always wanting to wait for a better read or a better spot. Isnt it all relative though? I mean, If I am right here and I'm putting money in with the best hand, then it dosent really matter whats in the pot. I actually think my desire to get into risky situations that most would want to "wait for a better spot" is what makes me more money than players that play tighter. Stud is a game of pushing small percentages. It not only supplies me with a better image helping my good hands get paid off and appearing to be an action player. But I think I now have played enough stud through the years to handle situations where I've put myself in jeopardy very well. This not only goes for plays like this, but playing additional hands on third as well, using my superior skills to "catch up" on the later rounds. Like the gospel (7csfap's) says "if you can find a few extra hands per session and average a few bucks on each...". I think several players (Roland you're especially one of the ones I have in mind) could play more hands and show a much larger profit than they do now. Perhaps this is one of those hands.

Mike Emery