View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Re: (Home Game) How to play a short stack against weak players ??

I'm definitely down with the call/push method when at 8-10BB (no antes) against a weak player in the same situation I would simply push against a strong player.

This brings to mind a question, what would everyone who *would* use the call/push think if you're holding something like A9s, 8BB deep and have exactly one fish and one competent player behind you yet to act before the two "average" ("average" for a home tournament is less than or equal to competent) blinds? How about if it's first a competent player and THEN the fish? The competent player is in no way desperate, lets say 35BB. The blinds are not desperate and we'll assume the fish doesn't think like that.

Against just the fish I'm going to use the c/p move about 50% of the time and the straight push 50% of the time. I think this hand is *just* strong enough to push into a loose caller (Ax, any PP, any two broadway). Against the competent player it's an easy 100% push unless he looks like he's itching for me to do it (then only 70% [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ). I'm going to have to think this over some.