View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Does Sklansky forgive?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

But please, don't ever compare David Sklansky to Issac Newton ever again. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, 6 months of research by Sklansky could make them equals. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey I'm not trying to belittle Sklansky he helped teach me the game of poker. If he saw that comparison even he wouldn't dignify it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh really? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read the tread and yes really. There is no way you are going to convince me that David Sklansky will say that if he lived in the mid 1600s he would have beaten Issac Newton to publishing Principia Mathematica.
I mean he lives in 2005 and he writes books on checking when the likley bettor is to your left.
He was simply saying that he is able to see farther by sitting in the laps of the people who are standing on the shoulders of giants.
That is all I saw in that thread.
Mabye a little arrogant at worst to think he belongs at a debate 1 on 1 with Issac Newton in 2005 on the existence of God in a biblical sense. There are greater minds that could stand in for him on that debate who definitly wouldn't need 6 months of preperation.
I think David Sklanksy Catches alot of childish challenges on these threads and I wish the discussions were more civil and in a less ego based format. As there are actually some very interesting topics on here.
I think he has become a world class ignorer because of these threads. I think with the experience from these threads, he could "out ignore" Issac Newton in a room full of arrogant, complex driven 2+2ers.