View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 12:31 AM

Default Re: If a book on SnG\'s came out, wouldn\'t they die?

I like your example, Last Samurai.

People will always be lazy and underperform. They don't take it seriously. This is why you have varying limits and skill levels in poker, and why that money will always flow from bad players to good ones. People don't play poker professionally at .01/.02 no limit...but I learned from playing in this games, moved to the .05/.10 and had to learna lot more...and so on. SO a book comes out, many people don't comprehend enough of what they read and as far as being able to apply it...come on. EVEN if they had the capability, they lack the patience. You will always have unskilled players playing above thier bankroll. You'll always have a good, skilled player playing at a lower level, for various reasons. A book on the subject might make a few people better, a few people worse but won't affect your EV. I don't think so at least. How many kids are going pro in baseball from Emansky's back-to-back-to-back AAU championship defensive drill DVD also airing on ESPN? None, or maybe 5...how many people lost weight becasue of Dr. Phil's Ultimate Weight Loss SOlution? Not as many as could stand to. Give someone a fish feed him for a day, teach him to fish and he might get a job somewhere else. Also, one other point, most people don't play poker for a job...so while you are stressing over your EV in the 22s, they're blowing a 20-spot grandma gave them last week.