View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Re: 15-30 Raise calling standards out of BB

First of all, recognize those hands for the trash that they are. Why would you want to play these for a raise when you will be OOP the rest of the hand? You are new to LHE -- play tight until you get a much better feel for the game. Good cards/good position should be your mantra.

Second, you need to give serious consideration to the position of the initial raiser in mid limit (and higher) games. If the raise comes from early and mid posiiton, AND several players have already called the raise cold, fold that trash. You don't have the implied odds in LHE to play a hand like 86o against a MP raise, and unlike NL, limit isn't going to allow you to double through another player when you flop a monster. More than anything, LHE (at least at the 15/30 level) is about making many, many correct decisions. And the correct decision with these hands is to fold. You can consider making an exception once the odds of calling the raise in the BB rise to 11:1 or better, but these situations are typically rare, and even then, you are basically looking to flop two pair or better or you will need to fold.

Regarding the second part of your question about blind vs. blind play, I think you may find the following article (from this month's 2+2 internet magazine) helpful:

http://www.twoplustwo.com/magazine/c...eetin1105.html