View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Re: partypokercompanion - kind of disturbing

I'm going to have to disagree about the whole "bring on the machines" philosophy. Agreed, this program will not take a lousy poker player and turn him into a star. However, it will take someone with a huge VPIP and bring him down to a reasonable preflop number. It will also cause many fish to fold some hands that they may have called down to the river because "partypokercompanion told me to".

Again, the fish will continue to be fish and their game will likely never improve using this program. They will not understand why they are folding, raising or calling, but they will do so because they will be prompted to by the application.

Every time this program tells a fish to fold a hand he would have called with or to raise a hand he would have folded, this will cost you bets. In the long run you WILL be able to take their money. You are correct, the human element will take over and they will continue to make mistakes and make poor choices. However you WILL NOT be able to do it as quickly.

This WILL impact your winrate.

I don't know if Party can implement software that will recognize the use of these programs but they need to react.

More than poker losing it's "trendiness", these apps are more likely to be the downfall of online poker. Sure, WE may be able to beat the machines. However if the fish (who are not using these programs) do not view the game as honest and having integrity, they will not play. It won't take the "perfect" bot to kill the online game, the proliferation of these tools to help the noob will be sufficient.