View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Commerce floor ruling

[ QUOTE ]
And what would have happened if I had stacked the pot and mixed it into my chips before the floor made a decision? Do they go up, look at the tape, and come tell me how many chips I have to take out of my stack and give to the EP guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely.

This happend to me 4-5 years ago in a game. I was very tired, sitting in the 2 seat, opponent was in the 9 (10 handed). Both hands were shown and I was awarded the pot. I couldnt see the other guys hand, it was mucked, when 2 players said "hey didnt he have XXXXX?" details dont matter what the hand was. They called the floor, I told him I had no clue what the other hand was. I had already stacked my chips.

The floor asked me if I had any trouble with him looking it over on the tape and just going with his results. Of course I didnt have any issue with that. He returned 10 minutes later, confirmed the other guy won and told me the amount which I gladly counted out and pushed. They bought my dinner of the main menu anything I wanted. It was good for the game. naturally gave me tons of respect from the floor too. Which was to my benefit as I made a living in that room playing.