View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Good time for turn sexy?

Worm, I initially didnt understand your strategy. This is becuz for some reason I misread the board in the OP, I thought the board was QQ9x, not QQ99. Now I totally get where you are coming from.(I knew I was missing something) Your strategy now makes a TON of sense, and theres actually really no point in check/raising the turn since all this will do is induce the villain to fold hands that are drawing dead like JT or two hearts.

If I thought the villain would not call a turn bet with JT or a heart draw, I would check the turn and if he bet to my surprise I would just call as you suggested and donk the river hoping if he was on a draw it got there. If I thought he was dumb enough to still call the turn with those drawing hands if I bet, then obviously I would bet here every time.

So on a QQ9x board, its all about extracting value, but on a QQ99 board, the main objective to me is keeping hands that are drawing dead from folding. You didnt explicitly mention this but now I see thats exactly what you were implying so im on the same page as you now. Checkraising the turn would be bad on a QQ99 board since it induces hands that are drawing dead to fold. Betting or checking and calling is the right line depending on the opponent.