View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Have you ever tried to outrun the cops?

oh im not an OOT regular but ive got a crappy one.

im like 17, headed to some interview. im driving on a suspended license because i had already got three speeding tickets, which apparently means your license is suspended for 6 months in MD. who knew.

anyway i liked to drive fast back then, so i was doing about 100 in a 55, as a cop drove past me going the opposite direction. i also did not know, at that time, that cops could clock you going the other direction, so i made no attempt to slow down.

i see lights come on, and freak the [censored] out. i immediately turn down the first right turn i see, which happens to be a ridiculously bumpy, treacherous dirt road, which i proceed to fly down at about 60 miles per hour. as i'm driving down it, i can see the cop in my rear view, maybe about 3-400 feet behind me.

i remember as im driving that i have a friend who lives down this road, so i fishtail my way into his driveway, thinking i had lost the cop. i decide that i'll walk up to my friends door, as though i was just going for a visit, and i normally drive 60 miles/hour through twisty bumpy dirt roads.

unfortunately, about 5 seconds later, the cop pulls up, starts freakin out and cursing at me, arrests me, curses at me a whole lot more, and "takes me down to the station." i then had to call my mother and explain that while i had been arrested and her car had been towed, i was still a good kid and she should come pick me up. thankfully, she did.

pretty big bummer though. next time i'll just pull over, or have a faster car.