View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Shorthanded-Limit Holdem Questions. Also lookin for mentor

First off let me introduce myself. I am 19 years old and just recently became a lurker here. I am about to re-enter school. Poker is a hobby for me and that is all at this point (also helps a little hide money coming in). I am trying to improve my game immensely so I figured why not ask some of the more experienced players question, sorry if this is just a useless post to you but I'm tryin to learn.

In a shorthanded 6-max game limit holdem game, full table, is it worth trying to steal the blinds with low-mid suited connectors like 67s etc or is it just a losing proposition long-haul?

If I'm UTG or UTG+1 should i be mucking 7's and lower if the avg players in pot is 2-3?

If I'm in the BB or SB and a couple players are already limped in and I know they aren't folding for a raise, should I raise hands like AQs even though I'll be out of position rest of the hand?

Mentor Wise: I am really just lookin for someone who I can chat with on aim here and there and ask basic questions like the ones posted above without having to come in front of a whole board and post it. Thanks a lot.