View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 01:11 AM

Default heads up preflop question(s)

I am comfortable playing high stakes no limit shorthanded, but when it comes to heads up, I suck.

I do play it sometimes. I was recently playing an aggressive player heads up, who raised often preflop, and played well postflop. He was raising almost everytime I limped in the small blind (blinds backwards) about 80% if the time. I felt like he was raising me with pretty much anything. I didn't think it seemed right that I should be folding the probable best hands (small blind out of position or not) too frequently. I wasn't sure what to do, but I started raising with any hand I was going to play in the Small Blind (for a little bit). K 3 offsuit, A x, J Q. I didn't like limping and calling with K 3 offsuit and since I thought he would raise anyways, I went ahead and raised (good bad?).
That kind of sucked though because I was raising a lot of pots with crap hands. I was bluffing at a lot of pots after the flop (if I raised pre).

What should I be limping with in the SB? Raising with? I hate limp folding but should I do it a lot against this type of style?
He was also raising out of the small blind probably 50% of the time. So what might you like to call / fold with in position?

Thanks