View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Re: The Thinking Maniac

This is a terribly difficult thing for me, but I will try to share what I have picked up so far.

I have found that even when they "fall in line", these guys generally give a little too much action postflop if you throw them some rope. For example, I have found that the flop bet, turn checkraise line OOP is excellent against them once they have gotten to this point.

There is a pretty big distinction between them, in that some of them will keep paying you off with mediocre hands but just become passive with them. Others will start folding those hands, but will still bet when checked to or if you fein weakness.

If they really think and adjust well to your play, it's not going to be fun. Try to figure out what level they're thinking on and don't be afraid to try to resteal if you think they are putting a move on--just know who you are up against and whether they will call you down with bottom pair or not.

If this kind of player is sitting to my left, I will generally just go ahead and leave unless the rest of the table is very juicy.