View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Defending/pushing back with Ax from the blinds [party 30+3]

#1 is a little tricky, but I would definitely either fold or push, not call or raise. If I had to lean one way or the other, I'd probably push. AT isn't the best hand in the world, but this one in particular seems more like a steal than the other 3 because of stack sizes, position, etc.

#2 is an easy push. You isolate and take your chances with any suited A.

#3 is an easy fold IMHO just because you're calling an all-in and you're a fairly solid chip leader. It's one thing to re-raise a min-rasise all-in yourself (as I would have done in #1), but it's a totally different situation when you're calling all-in. Coast into the money and then gamble around then.

#4 is another one that's tricky, but I'd say if you re-raise this time he's definitely going to call you; therefore if you re-raise all-in, expect to show down your hand. He bet 800, which isn't quite half his stack, but is enough in my opinion to call down the rest of his money. His 800 raise may have been made to get himself committed so he couldn't get away from the hand. Also, I've seen a lot of people play monster hands this way to entice a re-raise all-in. Like you said, though, you're already in the money, so you can afford to gamble here. I'd probably do what you did: push.