- LIVE $20 SNG
- Multi-table tournament
- 1st 50%, 2nd 30%, 3rd 20%
- Down to 4 players

Me - T5000
Him - T3000
SS1 - T1200
SS2 - T1200

Ok, before I set this up. The guy who is 2nd in chips is a fairly tight agg player. He is not a total maniac. I have on occasion seen him make some very poor plays though (I have played with him many times).

At this point, I am waiting for one or both of the short stacks to go out. I really do not want action from the 2nd chip stack guy.

- Blinds are 50/100
- SS1 is Button
- Him - SB
- Me - BB

Its folded to him in the SB and he just calls. I hold J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and check.

Flop - J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He checks to me. I have top pair with the open straight flush draw. I consider betting, but check (hoping to induce his bluff on corner).

The corner is a blank and he quickly bets 100. Just what I wanted. I raise 300 (400 total). He thinks for a second, then moves all-in. Whoa, I am shocked at this point. Fearing that he may have the straight I consider folding. But after he counts out and I count, I am tempted to call. I sit and think for quite some time.

If I call and lose he is the clear chip leader and I can only hope for 3rd or 2nd at best. If I call and win I am 1st place for sure. For him to have the straight he would need my nine and if so, I still have outs. If he has QQ, KK or AA I have lots of outs. If he is only on a straight or flush draw, I hold some of his outs, so he is behind to my top pair.

Thinking im ok with 3rd, worst case, I call.

He shows J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

He is not happy that I called and immediately begins bad mouthing me, badly (cussing). Saying I should not have called the other big stack.

River - 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (his two outer)

So he moved all-in on the only person who can take him out of the tourney, with two short stacks on the bubble. All this, with top pair, 3 kick (straight and flush draws obvious).

Ok, clearly I am not happy. I did make a comment to the effect of "That was the worst move I have ever seen". But I did not get anymore nasty then that. He spends the next 5 minutes bad mouthing me for calling him. Thats when I get upset and then we have words. This turns into a real nasty fight and I finally say "enough, lets play poker".

Opinions?

Should I have folded?

Should I have been the better person and not fought back verbally?