View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Re: ($22) 3 Basic Bubble Hands- Advice Wanted

I'm very interested in seeing the OP post the results of these hands. I don't think that hand 1 is as clear cut a push as everyone is saying.

Button has just raised 40% of his stack. If you fold, you can easily steal from the BB almost at will. I wouldn't be surprised if you are at best a coinflip with the button here, and I don't think that you have tremendous FE by pushing. (Not saying that FE is zero, but I don't think he's likely folding.)

ATs is a very strong hand 4 handed, but for the reasons that I've mentioned, I think that folding is okay here.

I'm not necessarily advocating folding, but I think that sometimes we see two pretty cards and say "auto-push" without giving the situation sufficient thought. I certainly do NOT think that this is an auto push. There is a bit more to it, IMO. I'm just trying to get people to look a little deeper into the situation. What hands would you raise 40% of your stack with here (Button is not chip desperate) and then fold to a push? If I raised 40% of my stack here (as opposed to pushing), I'd have a hand that would hold up very well against AT. Add to that the fact that if you fold, you can easily steal from the guy to your left and the hand becomes a bit more complicated, IMO. Just a thought... flame away.