View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Averge BB/hr rate for a \"good\" player- $2/4 limit games???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think a truely great player could probably make 3bb/100.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol 3bb/100 at 2/4 doesn't even make you a "good" player, let alone a "great" one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what is it that you are implying, Equal. I'd be surprised if you could find very many limit players who are maintaining a winrate of 3BB/100 (even at 2/4) over any sustained period of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Late last year and 1st part of this year my w/r at 2/4 was hovering around 3/100. It's now slipped to 2.25/100. Ofcourse the more hands I get, the closer I may be getting to my true w/r. But the 2/4 games are noticeably different now.

Thats not to say they are "tough" but they are tighter. 2 years ago when I was beating the .50/1 for 4/100, I MIGHT have been able to get close to that at 2/4 at THAT time.

I guess the point of this ramble is, I think some players who made their way through the micro's and low limit 2-3 years ago, have a warped sense of what 2/4 is actually like now.

Still very beatable and profitable. But as opposed to having 2-3 players calling you down with hopeless hands, now it might be 1 every now again. That has a big impact on the 2/100 - 3 or 4/100 w/r.