Thread: i love poker.
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2004, 02:39 AM

Default i love poker.

So I'm getting ready to end the day, 6 hands left, and it hits me that I just don't want to play another hand. It's been a good day, and I'm ready for it to end, but I'm just too damn cheap to leave with a couple of free hands left.

So as the big blind approaches, I'm manually checking off the hands that I will no longer have to play if it is folded to me without risk of having my Union card pulled, and I'm somewhat comforted by the decreasing likelihood that I'll see a flop. By second utg, I've decided that I can fold everything but AA or KK, that AKs and QQ provide a bit of a dilemma, and I hope I have the courage to play them, but everything else hits the muck without a second thought, and let's just hope AA and KK come another day.

So I get dealt JJ. Jeeze, I can't fold this hand. Maybe UTG will raise. Nope, he folds. So, I sigh, and raise. Three goofballs coldcall, I mean three huge goofballs, 1-2-3 goofy balls, and I start to chuckle as the button goes into a huddle. He folds, Absurdly Rocky preflop raiser small blind 3-bets, and the goofy big blind calls 2. Well, of course he calls 2. Before my call, I contemplate what I know is going to happen, 2 cold calls behind me, and, yes, on cue, cutoff caps -- and now I laugh out loud, because as little as is left of my gambling mood, I bet my left nut on two things: 1) The button wants his hand back, and the cut-off just sat up straight and yelled "Cappucino!" at his computer screen.

I love poker.