View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Making your sessions longer

[ QUOTE ]
Try taking a 10 or 15 minute break after each hour. Get a snack, take the dog for a walk, stop and smell the roses, etc. Clear your head for a bit then try to get back in there.

I can only play for about 2 or 2 1/2 hours (online) before my concentration starts to fade and these breaks help me quite a bit. I'll usually play two or three short sessions in a day with anywhere from a one to twelve hour break in between them.

When I go play live, I try to take ten or fifteen minutes away from the table and go outside for some fresh air every two hours or so as well. I just started bringing a turkey sandwich or other "lunch" with me, so when I take one of my breaks mid-session, I'll go out to my truck, turn on the radio, eat my sandwich, and enjoy the fresh air. During this time, I'll evaluate how I've been playing and how good the game is to make sure it is worth continuing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good hand.

This is really important in my experience too, ive suffered from tilting after long sessions where my judgement just vanishes- it sort of wipes the slate clear and can get all those bad beats out of your head, and lets you get back to playing good solid poker. The food bit is true also- extra energy to keep the brain going never hurts either.