View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 06:26 AM

Default Re: Grand Tournament Good/Bad Comments

[ QUOTE ]
Hi PokerRoom.com-

Would it be possible to add a time bank and/or increase the time to make a decision on each hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
As we continue to advance and develop the GT concept further some sort of added timer device will probably be incorporated.
But it needs to compatible with the rest of the GT concept.

It's a bit difficult this time around to predict the number of participants in the GT3 but we may well be looking at 15+ hours of play over two days as it is.

Compared to the WSOP that is nothing, but I don't think WSOP is necessarily the best benchmark to measure it by.

And any form for time bank device or a general increase in action time might add to that considerably.

Also, with so many online players not used to the extra time to contemplate who knows what people would try in order to take advantage of it. And slow things up even further. Believe me. We've seen it...

By this I am not trying to say that a time bank wouldn't improve the GT events even further (because it would) I'm just saying that I think that we are looking beyond that option and see what else could be done to balance the tournament even better in the future. And that, of course, takes some time.

C u at the tables!

Tournament Team - PokerRoom.com
Meet Them and Beat Them