View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Nolan Ryan wins 300th game!!

but nolan wasn't really a freak of nature, he was the hardest worker in the game which converted into a longer career than anyone else...a la roger clemens. if that makes you a freak of nature, then yeah i guess he was.

no, he isn't the greatest ever. but i have more respect for him than most. he pitched through anything, blood, injuries, [censored] teams, etc. its not fanatical to enjoy watching courage. it is fanatical to think mike vick is the saving grace of football or that he truly is a great QB.

what nolan did was great, b/c he may not have certain numbers that you stat geeks drool over but when i am teaching my son the game of baseball as my father taught me i will break out my old nolan tapes. he taught more than WHIP, he taught more than BB/K ratio. i know you are going to disagree and thats the beauty of the arguement b/c both sides are correct. a stat minded person is correct b/c he isn't even top 5 ever, i know this...but what he did on the field was special no matter how you break it down.