View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Today\'s quiz at Cardplayer: steal situation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why would anyone bet the turn here?

[/ QUOTE ]

The usual reasons? Because villain might be on a draw, our hand might be best, if our hand is no good there are a ton of outs and villain will not necessarily c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

if hes passive this line is good and you have to fold. the reasoning is that you are charging him for his draws and if he does cr then you likely only have 4 outs since he is only cring with 2 pair or better. if this is 30/60 live in vegas i think this is probably a good line.

against an aggro semibluffing opponent i prefer checking behind and if you are betting you have to call since you certainly have odds against his one pair hands even if you are reverse dominated. on party i think you gotta call the raise and its probably better not to even bet bc of my next point.

the thing about your hand is you have 0 bluffing power. you are either ahead or behind to a pair and NOONE FOLDS A PAIR HEADS UP. with hands like kq or q9 or 89 or k9 i would like a bet bc there is some chance he lays down ace high. ultimately, bet/fold against an aggro here is only goin to allow you to be 1. moved off a better hand and 2. not realize your hands potential.