View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: I\'ll tell you who wins the apprentice...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now, everyone will remember you as the dick who wouldn't hire her when the boss clearly wanted to.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've never watched this show but, if Trump so clearly wanted to hire the woman, why didn't he offer her the job in the first place? or why didn't he overrule the guy when he said there should only be one hire?

[/ QUOTE ]

Randall was clearly the better candidate on paper. Five degrees, including Ph.D from MIT, Rhodes scholar, runs his own consulting firm, everybody loved him. Minority, winning record, it would be hard NOT to hire him. But Rebecca was clearly a good candidate, no slouch with an economics degree from U. of Chicago, the toughest economics program in the country. And she did almost the entire competition on a broken ankle, while never losing her cool. At 23, she's clearly a superstar, but hasn't had the chance to accumulate the credentials a 34 year-old has. Candidates like her and Randall don't come along every day, so if you have the chance, you would take two.

Clearly he could have overruled if he chose. But on TV, the clock is everything and they just ran out of time. Plus, it was an unprecidented move, so I just think he gave him the choice, fully expecting he would say hire her too. On the Today show, Trump said 99% of people would have made the offer, so clearly he was surprised.