View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Is Diet Coke really bad for you?

My conclusion on artificial sweeteners.

You can find positive and negative arguments showing them to be harmless or deadly. Who should we believe? It is very hard to pick what information to believe as clearly some people can tolerate huge amounts of the stuff with zero problems. A small percentage of people seem to have adverse reactions to them however. Now these people could be blaming their problems on the sweeteners when other factors are at play. But when dealing with my health I simply ask myself do I need to consume this?

I don't need them and there might be a risk so I avoid them just incase. Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be. If you find it hard not to consume these products you should realize it is probably because they contain something your body has become dependant on which is as bad as them being harmful imo.

Edit to add: People saying they get used to the taste of diet coke and then prefer it to everything else should think about why. Drink water you won't like it at first but maybe if you stick with it you will prefer it to everything else worth a try works for me.