View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Is Diet Coke really bad for you?

[ QUOTE ]
Anything that tastes that bad can't be good for you.

Diet Coke is nothing but an invention to make fat people feel better about themselves.

For example:

300lb fatty pulls up to McDonalds drive-thru:

"I'd like to order 3 Big Macs, a supersize fry, 2 apple pies, and ummm... a DIET Coke."

Who do they think they're kidding?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to make those jokes, too. But now I do the same thing. Well, okay, I just say 'I'd like a number one with a Diet Coke' without all the extra pies and stuff.

I was on Atkins for a while so I started drinking Diet Coke (caffeine free at the time). Well, I'm not on Atkins anymore, but I still drink the Diet Cokes, because if I'm going to have a McDonald's meal, the last thing I think I need is 400 more calories from my drink.

There were recent news articles saying that people who drink diet sodas are more likely to have eating problems, or eat poorly. Well duh.... it's because most of them probably went on diets, and fell off the wagon, but never went back to the sugar sodas.

Plus I drink a lot of sodas a day. Up to 5 or 6. Since 22 oz of Coke (about 2 cans) has roughly the same number of calories as a Snickers bar, I think I can do without that pressure on my waistline (roughly equivalent to eating 3 candy bars a day). But I like the caffeine.

KO