View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Passive Aggressive AA

His preflop stats look slightly LAG - was his postflop play similar? When you raise preflop there are certain people that love to call you with damn near any pair (or any draw) on the flop to see what you do on the turn. With the 50bb structure I liked to checkraise these people on the turn with my strong hands. I'm not as happy about getting 100bb in the pot with one pair, but having a draw to the nuts as backup is certainly a mitigating factor.

I'd assume that JJ gets raised preflop... and he folds all the hands which could have flopped two pair... so the four groups of hands he could have on the flop (which he doesn't fold 100% of the time) would be 1) 55/77 2) other pocket pairs which missed, but hope you only have overcards 3) something with a jack 4) a flush draw.

So the things I'd be looking at would include... what range of hands would he raise me on the flop with? What range of hands would he just call on the flop with? What hands will he bet the turn with, and what hands will he check behind with? What hands would he fold if you bet again on the turn (hands like JT, etc)?