View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Anyone seen James Woods online or live?

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen him at Commerce a few times. Low key, good natured.

[/ QUOTE ]

When James Woods started playing, he'd always play at the Hustler. I remember, because when he started playing, the floor politely told me I had to then go on the board as "JWX" instead of "JW". Bah.

Well, Mr. Woods and I met over "JW, your 25-50 seat is ready" confusion. We got along great. After becoming a regular in the game, he quickly respected me. I got a little uncomfortable, because he realized that I was crushing the game. He started to ask me 20 questions after every hand (at the table)...stuff like "shoulda I checked the turn?" "what made you bet the river?". Sincere questions. I tried to be polite, but to not offer toooo much info.

Mr. Woods then asks me and LT (a prop who would play bigger if there was interest)....why don't we at the Hustler ever play bigger? We couldn't drum up the interest, and, alas, he ended up heading to Commerce.

A month after not seeing Mr. Woods at all, I head to Commerce with some friends. One friend, B, comes up to me. B is a great guy, semi retired lawyer. He plays 20-40, and JW is playing 40-80. I'm waiting for a 40-80 seat, and standing near the wall.

B comes up to me and says (remember, this was well over a year ago) "Man, James Woods is my favorite actor, but he can't play...I wish I could play 40-80 everyday with him". I said "Oh, he's your favorite actor? I'll introduce you to him". B said "C'mon, you can't do that.....can you?"

Well, I never got the chance. See, right then, James sees me and comes over and says hi, how's it going, still playing at the hustler, he likes it at commerce cuz of bigger/more games, etc etc etc. I wish him good luck, he heads back to his game, then I give B a hand, trying to pick up his jaw off the floor. B was floored that I really did know JW.

Long and confusing but I think it's a great story...

Josh