View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Party Poker Million V Entry?

I think because most who were there prefer NL.

I am perfectly content either way to be honest...and certainly there are a few players out there who prefer limit tournaments (I was sitting next to one of them). But obviously NL is the tourney game of choice for most players.

Just checked the web-site and they have already announced that it will remain a limit tourney. They get to tout it as the biggest limit tourney in the world which they probably like. And WPT gets their one non-NL tourney for the season.

The entry is $14.2k...the cabin for 1 week on the cruise appears to be worth $2.5k this time (was $2.3k last year).
And they are now throwing an extra $800 at you for 'spending money' (aka 'travel expenses').

So the total package this year is worth $17.5k as opposed to $12.3k last year.

This obviously will make it tougher to qualify thus making more money for party.

I didn't play any of the semi-finals last year. did they do that 'extra starting chips' thing last year?
(I qualified via their Party till you Cruise raked-hand marathon so don't know how the previous semi-finals worked).

[ QUOTE ]
# Players will start each Semi-final tournament with a base amount of $1000 in chips and not more than $3000, depending on the Extra Starting Chips each player has accumulated during the qualification period.

# Extra Starting Chips for each set of Semi-finals can only be accrued during the two calendar months prior to the next scheduled date of the Semi-finals. For example, Extra Starting Chips for the Semi-finals scheduled for July will be accrued during the period May 1 through June 30. The Extra Starting Chips have no monetary value and cannot be redeemed for cash or anything else. They are only valid for the Semi-final immediately following the period during which chips are accumulated. Click here for more details.

[/ QUOTE ]

There were some other quotes on their site which I enjoyed:

[ QUOTE ]

With a total prize pool of $7.43 million and 735 players, PPMIV really was anyone's to win

[/ QUOTE ]

It would have been pretty strange if some of the 735 players at the PPMIV were not allowed to win.

[ QUOTE ]
we're still celebrating after this year's electrifying PPMIV final, which saw six players battle it out for first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. When you get to the final table in a WPT event you have 6 players left trying to win first place.
This is not unlike the previous PPM III final that had 6 players battle it out for first place.
I am guessing that next year's final will ONCE AGAIN have 6 players battling it out for first place.