View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Inducing a mistake?

Well, it seems I left some money on the table. I felt like I had accidently priced him in to draw at a set preflop, and I felt he was good enough to play for his set and fold without it. I believed if all the money went in that I would lose. So I came up with a plan that would hopefully get some more of his stack all of the times that I was ahead. If he'd held 66 or something my plan may have been optimal. It turns out he had JJ. Now really he "should" be treating JJ and 66 exactly the same after I've reraised, but in reality he's usually going to go further with jacks than sixes (because I *might* have TT or something...)

This hand also demonstrates a significant leak of mine... I get too timid in big pots. I would never (rarely, at least) make a huge turn bet with AK because all these damn Partypoker players are too loose and I can't count on them to fold their marginal made hands... but I also don't bet big with overpairs there because I think I won't ever get called by worse hands. This is clearly a contradiction and I must be making a mistake somewhere.