View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: 99.8% to win on the flop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really can't believe that you think that there could possibly be something wrong with capping the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't you see the SF possibilities? What else would be calling against quads but a SF draw? duuuuhhhh. Besides, who would ever cap without the nuts? You gotta be able to lay this hand down on the river if you ever want to be a good player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what he means is, there's nothing wrong with capping the river just like there's nothing wrong with flushing a handful of $20 bills down the toilet. It's your money.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly, quads are really just barely worth a crying call once three cards to an SF come. My quads always get cracked too, especially bottom quads. For a while I would just fold them because someone always rivers the SF.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who haven't read Theory of Poker usually don't know how to play quads against a possible straight flush. Sklansky advises that a stud player with (T9)JJJJ(5) should just check and call on the river against a player with 2 straight flush cards showing, since he can only beat a bluff. The OP really needs to learn the fundamentals.