View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Don\'t read if you hate dumb posts. How do I win MTT?

The bigger buy in MTT's...they aren't as hard to money in as the smaller one's... In my lowly opinion.

I've won some $20 / $30 and one $100 ( might have been $50 don't remember ) NL MTT's...

But the smaller buy in's...EVEN if you're blessed w/ GREAT CARDS, your tourney life is going to come down to a coin flip at least 5/6 times before you get to the money.

I just busted out in the top 30 of a 500some odd person MTT on PP... it's all about coin flips.

Had my KK cracked. MY flopped set cracked. My AKs romped by A4s

If you can stand playing REALLY tight / aggressive the first break or two, then you have a shot at hitting the money ALOT.

I don't mean AQos calling 3xBB pre flop UTG 'tight' either.

I was near the chip lead at the 2nd break and only say less than 15% of the flops.

I made people pay for my good hands.

Then if you have any chips at all...right before the bubble, when it normally goes hand for hand... Get aggressive...taking in account position, players etc. small and medium stacks especially...they just want to make the money.... And once they do, be ready for ALOT of short stack all in's...at this point I rarely play a hand unless it's a monster.

a few orbits after this, it settles down a bit...then it's a race to not be blinded out.

HTH ...

Again just my lowly opinion.