View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 06:29 PM

Default 10/25 live game...deep stacked

Hi all...I played in a 10/25 live game this weekend and thought I'd share some interesting hands.

Effective stack sizes are around 3-5k.

Hand #1

Villain is an older man...super nice guy and mowing the table over at this point. He has around 20k in front of him and has absolutely no fear of putting a bunch of chips in the pot with a strong hand or nothing at all.

Hero has 10K at the start of the hand is dealt 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button. Folded around to villain in late position who raises to $125. Cutoff calls as do I.

Flop:7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain checks as does the cutoff. Hero bets $300. Villain calls, cutoff folds.

Turn:Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain fires $600. Whatever the river is, I know villain is betting at least 1-2k based on his betting patterns from earlier hands.

Do I see a river. What's your line here?

Hand #2

UTG straddles for $50. Two limpers call as do I with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button.

Small blind(2K) makes it $300 straight. Rest of the table folds. There is about $200 of dead money in the pot plus the raisers $300 raise...which makes $500.

Do I have odds to call for a set?