View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: QQ agaisnt idiot calling station

Preflop, your raise seems light, but UTG plus 1 is "perhaps" no place to make a huge bet, as often no one calls. I'm uncertain whether this is desirable or not. If the bet is too small, you let in junk hands cheap and they might hit their flop and clean you out. On the other hand , what good is a $16 raise when no one calls. And, if they do call $16, have they got AA, or KK to do so? I'd appreciate your thoughts back on this !!

You missed your opportunity on the turn. With the straight made and 2 clubs on board I would have bet the pot right there, maybe even all in, if my stack wasn't too big. (Sometimes draws call all in even with poor odds so I don't like all in bets. They can and do get lucky 20% of the time.)
A straight is not the nuts. It is almost always a vulnerable hand. Any pair on the river makes a boat possible. This may seem too conservative for many, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
You also avoid having to decide whether to call all in bets on the river , such as you have here.
I'd fold. I'll still be at the table with chips that way for sure.