View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 07:13 AM

Default Re: flopped set with deep stacks

[ QUOTE ]
If I think his preflop action includes AQo then I push as I'm a significant favorite over this range when I'm called as expected. If I exclude AQo from his range then the push isn't as clear to me and I'm inclined to just call and go to the felt w/ any non-heart turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really understand that. His range of hands with which he could have raised preflop certainly includes AQo -- and a whole lot more besides. With a stack at 300x the big blind, players can be much more open in their game, so based on the preflop action, Villain's range is quite wide.

It's the flop action that narrows his range substantially. As I said upthread, his just calling shows a lot of strength, and could very well mean he flopped a flush or a set (which would be bigger than mine).

To be honest, before I posted this hand, I figured that the forum would tell me I should have folded on the flop because of the likelihood that Villain has a made flush or a bigger set. I don't think folding would be correct there, because there are some other holdings Villain could have, but I do think my flop decision is close between calling and folding. I still don't agree with those who say push the flop.