View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 03:59 AM

Default Re: Vatican Astronomer Debunks ID

[ QUOTE ]
I never said atheists are smart. I said smart people are atheists.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Prince,

I know that. I was just trying to say that there certainly is no evidence of your main theory here on the forum. There are a few smart folk here. Some are atheists and some are believers. The proportion of smart atheist to smart believers in no way reflects the “real world” proportions. In the real world there seems to be many more smart atheists to the number of smart believers.

From our sample of smart folk here, nothing I have read thus far leads me to conclude that the smart atheists have anything over on the smart believer. I do not see much evidence of what one might expect from the smart atheist: a more objective and logical approach to decision making relative to their beliefs/non beliefs.

From the data I have observed on the forum, I must conclude that the large percentage of smart atheists in the real world is an anomaly. Either that or their atheism stems from reasons other than their intelligence.
Perhaps a third reason is this: the smart believers are simply not counted when the census is taken of how many smart folk there are. The ratios are therefore skewed.

For whatever reason the proportions are the way they are recorded in the real world, this forum seems to confirm one thing to me: it doesn’t take a genius meteorologist to know which way the wind blows.

RJT